These books are meant for children between eight and twelve but can be enjoyed by younger or older children, depending on their comfort levels with reading. It is very liberating writing for this age group, because there’s a wide range of topics to choose from. School and friends, stories about families and animals and animals with families, magical stories – they all work wonderfully.
I’ve had children and their adults tell me they enjoyed these books. The secret to such universal appeal- I loved writing each of these!
- The Chicken that Started it All. Mango Books.
- Apoorva’s Fat Diary. Mango Books.
- Meanie.com. Mango Books.
- Dear Aunty. Mango Books.
- Laugh Out Loud, Apoorva. Mango Books.
- The House of Fourteen Cats. Children’s Book Trust.
- The Great River Magic. Scholastic.
- The White Elephant of Cleanliness. Mango Books.
- The Curious Case of the Sweet and Spicy Sweetshop. Puffin.
- Camp Sweets: Monster Fun at Summer Camp. Talking Cub.